Thursday, August 07, 2008

The future of Gaming.

Today I found myself playing "Elder Scroll's IV: Oblivion - The Shivering Isle's" and I am proud to say I actually beat it as well today. The game is so fantastic and it brought me into a thought, a basic thought of where I began as a child to where I am today with gaming.

In the year 1985 I was brought forth onto this world from my mother's womb, and over a few year's I slowly managed to be able to grasp the idea of how to play games. Starting with the NES my first game, to this day I remember it like it just happened, the first game I played was Super Mario, just watching as I ran through so many levels trying to get further into the game. Then I slowly moved on to game's like Duck Hunt, and Legend of Zelda, others such as Metroid, and Mega Man. These were game's that helped pull my generation into the gaming world, these were some of the first game's that today's gamers started playing and grew up with.

So many year's later, with today's advancement's in console technology, as well as million's of dollar's to funnel into game design we have slowly become a spoiled bunch. Always excepting sometimes the same things over and over again, but always finding joy when some company releases a game that is new and exciting. Game's that truly push the boundaries of today's technologies as well as pushing the gameplay as far as possible. I personally wish I could see into the future and see where tomorrow's gaming is going to be. Just the idea of what possibly the future could hold for us, and really bring to the console or the PC to push even further.

Companies like Nintendo and Sony, and Microsoft always trying to find a way to pull new people into their consoles. Whether it be the use of a Wii-Mote, or just a good history of Console exclusives, or even having the best online service of all the consoles (Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft respectively). Yesterday's gaming, and game's will just not be the same as tomorrow's way of gaming, and the game's that the companies will offer to the very consumers who keep each company going.

No comments: